10/06/2008

The Old Man and the Sea Wrap up [3]

Well now I am done reading The Old Man and the Sea and I am going to say that it was worth the time it took to read it. It was not my favorite book but that doesn't mean it is not a good book. What I learned from the book is that even if you go out to get something, you reach your goal, you come back at the end of the day and have nothing, that that really is not true, although it may seem so to others, you know that you yourself have done it and being able to complete the task itself is truly enough.

So I dare you, go ahead and pick up the book, read, and then you tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Zach,

I really enjoy your writing style. I truly is uniquely your own. You continue to impress me with your insight and thougtfulness.

I think you've found the message of the Old Man and the Sea. Sometimes the doing is more important than the outcome. I've come to believe that we're all stronger than we think we are. We're all capable of more than we believe ourselves to be. I'm not sure what the Old Man was expecting. Maybe nothing at all. Maybe just proving to himself that he has a strength of character he didn't know he had was his intent all along.

I like the book very much. It's not my favorite, but it's well worth the read.