9/18/2008

The Old Man and the Sea

The Old Man and the Sea is a short story by Ernest Hemingway.

I started reading the book earlier today and it takes place on the ocean and a town right on shore. The old man's name is Santiago and the boy's name has not been depicted if it will be at all. The boy represents himself more as a young man than a boy. He cares for the old man very much, getting him food and offering to help him fish. They both enjoy talking about baseball, and both are of a lower class but still find joys in life.

3 comments:

MHanson said...

I hope you read this book. I have not and I would love for someone to be able to tell me about it.

Unknown said...

I've begun to read this. It's been so long since the last time I read it I feel as though this is the first time. Hemingway has an interesting style, don't you think.

It's a though he has as much to say with what he doesn't say as with what he does say.

Have you figured out where this novel takes place?

I look forward to sharing my thoughts with you.

Zach said...

Yes it's a very good book, I look up background information on Hemingway and found that he got his inspiration from Cuba.